We offer summer, fall, and spring semester internships, as well as yearlong programs for recent university grads, undergraduates, and graduate students. Internships are unpaid, can be full or part time, and are offered in the Beijing, Shanghai, and Hong Kong offices. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9 am to 6 pm.
Placement is determined based on availability and the needs of each office. Start and end dates are flexible, depending on the needs of each intern.
Applicants must demonstrate a strong command of English, with knowledge of Mandarin or Cantonese a plus.
Applicants will be asked to select from the following categories to indicate their preferred type of internship:
– Direct Service (limited availability)
– Public Relations/Publicity
– Web Page/Computer Graphic Design
– Translation (English/Mandarin Chinese and/or Cantonese)
– Other (must confirm alternate type with CHF before selecting this option)
Applicants should note that though they will specialize in a particular area, they will be involved in a variety of tasks depending on the needs and activities of the organization.