Join an unforgettable volunteering tour to teach English to children in rural primary schools in Anhui with Stepping Stones and Chiheng Foundation!
Chi Heng Foundation is partnering Stepping Stones China for upcoming Volunteering tour to Fuyang, Anhui Province. Details as follows:
When: Friday 21st to Sunday 23rd March
Where: Fuyang, Anhui Province
What: 1.5 days of voluntary English teaching to students at three rural schools, and visits to the students’ homes.
Who: Volunteers wanting to spend a weekend to travel and learn more about China while giving back to a rural community.
Cost: RMB 2,300 per person, including:
- Round-trip by fast train from Shanghai to Hefei;
- Local road transport by minibus;
- 2 nights’ hotel accommodation with breakfast (one night in Hefei, one night in Fuyang);
- 3 full time staff support;
- Lunch and dinner on the Saturday;
- Lunch in students’ homes on the Sunday;
- Gifts for the host families and the students;
- Pre-departure preparatory training;
- Full set of teaching materials;
- Administrative & training costs;
- Volunteering certificate for all participants.
Deposit: RMB1,000 per person, to be paid by Sunday 9th March.
Capacity: Minimum 15, maximum 20 participants. Places secured on a first come first served basis on payment of deposit.
Training: 13:00 – 16:00, Sunday 9th March, 2014 at Stepping Stones office
Lesson plans and the necessary teaching materials will be provided for the English classes, and volunteers will be placed in teaching teams of two or three. Each teaching team will teach classes of 20 – 30 students. The lessons will be taught through an English medium.
Volunteer requirements: Volunteers must be in good health and have good discipline, good English skills and a positive and enthusiastic attitude towards teaching young children.
Other: Volunteers aged 13-18 may join only if accompanied by their parent, guardian or teacher, who will take full responsibility for them during the tour.
Contacts: If you are interested in participating in such a tour, please e-mail Rui Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, e-mail address, phone number, number of potential participants and your available weekends.
Cilck here for more information about Stepping Stones China.